Dear list members,

I have written an article which deals with issues on the sociology of
consumption and religion. It is titled "Consuming a Cathedral" and
basically deals with how we can understand the contemporary usage of a
major religous monument in Finland from the viewpoint of sociology of
consumption and religion. The article is centred on how the cathedral
has been commodified and thus adapted to contemporary consumer society.

I asking here for assistance to find a proper place for publication,
preferably a journal that deals with issues related contemporary
religion and consumer culture. Any suggestions?

Tuomas Martikainen
Dept. of Comparative religion
Abo Akademi University
Finland
http://www.abo.fi/~tmartika/english/english.html

PS. I have also recently published an article on the topic, titled
"Religion and Consumer Culture" in English in the Norwegian journal
"Kirke, religion, samfunn" (Church, Religion, Society), nr 2:2001, which
is theoretical piece, concentrating on various issues related to the
theme.