Sorry you won't be able to be there, but I know how busy April can be. Perhaps next year, when we'll be in New Orleans and when we'll have a string of special sessions commemorating--I was about to say celebrating--the 400th anniversary of the Queen's death.

Cheers, Don

"Thomas P. Roche" wrote:

Dear Don, It looks wonderful.  I would love to be there, but I am overbooked.  Sorry. Tom Roche

Donald Stump wrote:

I have a Spenser session that needs a chair for the conference Exploring the Renaissance 2002, to be held in St. Louis, April 4-6. The session is entitled "Spenser and Queen Elizabeth" and features very interesting papers by John Wieland and Bill Oram. Any volunteers?

By the way, the conference will be quite rich--with more than 100 papers and three plenary lectures (by Ingrid Rowland, Mary Beth Rose, and Stanford Lehmberg). There will be two sessions on Sidney/Spenser, seven on Queen Elizabeth, seven on Shakespeare and Renaissance drama, and 23 others on a variety of topics in Renaissance literature, art, music, and history. Should be great fun!

If you'd like to see the most current draft of the progam, go to

http://www.stedwards.edu/hum/klawitter/scrc/program02.html
If you'd like registration information, please drop me a note off line.

Donald Stump