In a message dated 10/02/02 1:49:52 PM GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Then I thought I would add that of course you can find many more
> photos by typing "locomobile steamer" into google.com.
>
> When I did so, I came up with
> http://www.kipling.org.uk/facts_motor1.htm,
> and now I notice that the photo there is plainly not a Locomobile
> Steamer. (Unless this name was used for more than one vehicle.)
>
> Paul Hutchinson

If you look closely at the running gear the deep verticle radiator under the
car I mentioned and at that of Kipling's car, they are virtually identical,
the only significant difference is the length of the wheelbase.  The
superstructures differ significantly in the length and the number of seats.
I suggest that Kipling's was a four seater (he always had a chauffeur) and
the other is a two seater version.

Yours Sincerely,
Roger Ayers
Honorary Membership Secretary,