In "The Times" of 20 Feb there was a diarist's note of a Greenpeace anti-deforestation petition in Whitehall being delivered with activists dressed as wacky Jungle Book characters including assorted Baloos and Shere Khans - presumably as forest dwellers.

A pity the Kipling Society was not aware of this;  we could also have attended with a placard or banner  with picture of RK and advertising the Society.   I suggest we prepare such material for a future occasion, and any intelligence by members of events with Kipling characters expected should be communicated to the Hon Secretary or to a designated demo officer?

Bryan Diamond

Bryan Diamond