Dear Heather uppfields,
                                Thanks for reply to my query ,it is always painful arm they place in the position ,to relieve pain.I am hereby reposting this question to you and other friends with interest in spinal pain.
Thanking you,
Dr.Sarveshwar Sood

Dear Friends,
                    I am always thankful to the list for discussing topics of common interest and mutual learning beyond the barriers of nations ,truly a world wide classroom.
                I invite opinion of friends ,regarding patients with brachalgia , I have observed in many  cases a typical kind of  presentations ,patients walks into the consultation chambers with hand on the head ,as soon as they lower the hand the peripheral pain in intensified which is  abolished or reduced by hand over head posture ,while on the opposite few patients are only comfortable with  straight arm ,so far so they are often misdiagnosed  as frozen shoulder and many of them are injected with steroids .
            considering ULTTE all the three radial ,median and ulnar nerve require tension testing require abduction of shoulder ,that also doesn't answer the question ,Only the elevation of shoulder and hence reduction on pressure on brachial plexus appears to me a factor worth considering ,if so then what about  the other group of patients.
                            Can anyone explain the difference  between the pathogenesis ,presentation and manual therapy treatment  of both conditions .Only thing common in both is that they both respond to McKenzie
MDT and traction if required.
Thanking you,
Dr.Sarveshwar Sood,
Director,ICCS,
Institute of Conservative Care Of Spine.
Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head Department of Physical
Medicine & Rehabilitation,
S.B.L.S.Hospital
812/1,Housing Board Colony
Model Town,Jalandhar city