Dear Steve,
After trying many things, the best relief I tried for my 2 patients was
Capsaicin Cream. It is sold here under the trade name Zostrix. I have aslo
tried it eith some success for post herpetic neuralgia on a patient with
dementia. I regard her as an excellent trial as she could not remember to
"fudge" the results. Her improvement was measured not only by observation,
but also her diminishing requests for pain relief.
Good luck, I know this is strictly not physio, but once the pain was
relieved the functional aspects of recovery were much better able to be
addressed.
Lynda,
Sydney Australia