RE: HBSMR - ALGAO Consultation Final Outcome list

I think John is raising an interesting issue here - the question seems to be whether we ought to be reflecting the ideal situation in an approved list or what actually happens in practice. It seems to be that if we don't record what actually happens then we will not know how much reality is diverging from the ideal. I don't think that inclusion in an 'approved list' would somehow add any measure of authority to what is, I agree, unsatisfactory but nevertheless does happen, and is usually a decision made by the planning authority, for various reasons, as outlined by Peter Iles.

Paul Gilman
Heritage Information and Records Manager
Essex County Council

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied or otherwise used by any other person unless express permission is given.  If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system. It is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.