In a message dated 06/02/2002 09:53:21 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

The strongest parallel of Israel's policy vis-a-vis the Palestinians is
probably that of apartheid South Africa's policy vis-a-vis the African
Blacks with a similar policy of creating unviable pseudo-sovereign little
Bantustans which could be turned at will into locked-up open-air
concentration lands and squeezed at mercy. Israel had excellent relations
with apartheid South Africa, but I wouldn't know who learned most from who.
Zionism -- the last 'colonial settler regime' is a trajedy for Jews
everywhere (including myself) but particularly for those in the US-boosted
Zionist regime in Israel.

I agree, but still find it interesting that although those of arabic descent are treate as second class citizens within Israel they still have more rights than most arabs living in arabic countries.  Before I get flamed for this please note I am talking about within the state of Israel not the Palestinian terrotries.
Best
Emmanuel