Call for presentations or papers - apologies for cross-posting

UACES Workshop on the EU Employment Strategy
Friday 26 April 2002, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leics.

"The employment strategy arising from the EU's Employment Guidelines: a
critique"

AIMS
- To critique the assumptions about the future of work implicit in the
employment strategy of the EU in the light of the Employment Guidelines'
four pillars, and of the member-states' National Action Plans.

-To develop an appreciation of the nature and impact of a relatively new
field of negotiation between member-states, the Open Method of Coordination.

FORMAT
The workshop will take the form of short presentations, to allow for
discussion. Fully written-up papers are not required, but can be distributed
to participants. PhD. students are encouraged to participate.

Please submit a brief proposal or abstract (100-200 words) by the end of
February 2002 to me as workshop coordinator.

INTENDED OUTCOMES
This is a relatively new area of interest within the UACES community and
the workshop is intended to bring together for the first time the growing
body of research in the field of the Politics of Employment. We will be
trying to reach researchers from a variety of countries. The first specific
outcome will be a proposal for a UACES conference panel in September 2002.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested in participating.

Monica Threlfall
Senior Lecturer in Politics, Dept. of European Studies
Loughborough University, Loughborough LE11 3TU, UK
tel  direct : +44 (0)1509 222979 ; fax: +44 (0) 1509 22 3917

Department of  European Studies website:
http://info.lboro.ac.uk/departments/eu/
To join ACIS  the Association for Contemporary Iberian Studies:
http://www.bton.ac.uk/edusport/languages/acis/