Companies are starting to speak the language of corporate responsibility
and sustainable development, and are sponsoring good causes such as schools
materials.

How are we to know if this is a real change at the heart of capitalism and
genuine philanthropy or merely window dressing?

Seeing through the spin contains 14 participatory-style lesson plans, case
studies and a host of background material, will help students deconstruct
public relations messages - from companies and their critics.

Suitable for UK A level, KS4+ school courses and adult/further education.

Seeing through the spin is written and produced by Baby Milk Action and
Reading International Solidarity Centre. Baby Milk Action has worked for 20
years to encourage some of the world's largest companies to behave
responsibly.

AND GUESS WHAT? They have made it available for free on-line

http://www.babymilkaction.org/spin/index.html

The whole pack seems excellent but I can personally recommend

Toy Story
http://www.babymilkaction.org/pdfs/spinpdfs/exercises/Toy_story.pdf

and

Ethical Investor
http://www.babymilkaction.org/pdfs/spinpdfs/exercises/Ethical_investor.pdf

Links page for Ethical Investor
http://www.babymilkaction.org/spin/ethicalinvestor.html

So take advantage of this free resource....it would nice to hear your
feedback as well. What did you think of the activites ? How did you fit
them into your teaching? etc

Best wishes

Finbarr

Finbarr Carter / Stephen Fairbrass   ([log in to unmask])
'Just Business'
Norfolk Education and Action for Development
38 Exchange Street, Norwich, NR2 1AX
Tel: 01603 610993
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Registered Charity: 1010853