-----Original Message-----
From: The Disability-Research Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Tim Stainton
Sent: Wednesday, 20 February 2002 4:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Foucault & comparing social movements

Dear Jamie,

I'd suggest looking at the history of madness as this comes closest to
disability, though be careful not to read him too closely as a historian  he
makes a few errors of fact--but what is important about Foucault is his
method--for that I like Discipline and Punish  or the History of sexuality
which gives you a good feel for his approach.  The archeology of Knowledge
is his own stab at describing his method.

Featherstones Feminist Approaches to disability (? something like that) is
very foucaultian and she is good at explaining his approach.

Good luck