From: Helen Green [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 01 February 2002 13:04
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Language

Hear Hear Brendan.
As a practising health professional there are many times, particularly in
meetings, I find choosing 'an appropriate' word difficult if not impossible,
without the actual or perceived risk of offending those present.
When I talk with parents of and children/young people with disability which
may include a learning disability, they "call it like it is, and stop
plitterin' around."  Maybe that's because where I come from, in the north of
England, a shovel is called a shovel.

Helen

are now located at:

are now located at: