From: Jul,Erik [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 7:36 AM
To: 'Stuart Sutton'; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Comments/questions: Proposal for audienceLevel Qualifier for
the Audience Element

I had responded to Stuart privately, thanking him for the additional
information and clarification that he provided.

One question remains.

Stuart says:

> ... in
> May of last year, the Usage Board approved a proposal for a
> 16th (domain
> specific) element named "audience" and issued a DCMI
> recommendation.  At the
> same time, it issued a DCMI recommendation for a (domain
> specific) qualifier
> for the "audience" element named "mediator" as well as a
> (domain specific)
> "conformsTo" qualifier for the "relation" element.

I am providing, below, the list of DCMI Recommendations taken from the DCMI
Web site (http://purl.org/dc), and I am wondering to which of the following
DCMI Recommendations Stuart refers, above.

2001-10-26: Powell, Andy. Harry Wagner. Namespace Policy for the Dublin Core
Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
2001-04-12: Hillmann, Diane I. Using Dublin Core
2000-07-28: Cox, Simon. DCMI Box Encoding Scheme: Specification of the
spatial limits of a place, and methods for encoding this in a text string.
2000-07-28: Cox, Simon. Renato Iannella. DCMI DCSV: A syntax for writing a
list of labelled values in a text string.
2000-07-28: Cox, Simon. DCMI Period Encoding Scheme: Specification of the
limits of a time interval, and methods for encoding this in a text string.
2000-07-28: Cox, Simon. DCMI Point Encoding Scheme: A point location in
space, and methods for encoding this in a text string.
2000-07-11: Dublin Core Qualifiers.
2000-07-11: DCMI Type Vocabulary.
1999-12-16: Kunze, John. Encoding Dublin Core in HTML (Also referred to as
IETF RFC 2731)
1999-07-02: Dublin Core Metadata Element Set, Version 1.1.
1998-09: Dublin Core Metadata Element Set, Version 1.0. (Also available as
IETF RFC 2413)

***

--Erik

Erik Jul