At 09:50 PM 1/31/2002 +0000, Andy Powell wrote:
>A 10th draft(!) of the Guidelines for implementing Dublin Core in XML
>document is now available at
>
>   http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/metadata/dcmi/dc-xml-guidelines/
>
>Comments are much appreciated.  I hope this document can now be considered
>for some kind of formal status within DCMI.

I for one find this document rather confusing...

 > This document provides guidelines in those cases where RDF/XML is not
considered appropriate.

Can you explain some of these cases? I can think of several where RDF/XML
is not appropriate, but the ones you are providing are not them.

You're making (somewhat arbitrary) design decisions for a set of implicit
functional requirements. RDF/XML is XML that provides a set of design
decisions that we're hacked out by a group of people representing different
communities and interested in sharing information. I think its important
for you to make clear why you're choosing to do things in an alternative
manner.  It seems to me we take a step backwards in interoperability by
advocating different design strategies when there are existing ones in place.

--eric