> From [log in to unmask] Fri Feb 15 18:20 MET 2002
> Date:         Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:20:51 +0000
> From: Chris Croome <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Re: HTML Guidelines
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi
>
> On Fri 15-Feb-2002 at 05:13:04 +0100, Makx Dekkers wrote:
> >
> > It sounds like we need to revise both guidelines and the Usage Guide
> > examples and make them up-to-date.
>
> Good idea. It would be nice if they also had XHTML examples rather then
> HTML examples.
>
> Another inconsistency I noticed the other day is that some documents
> specify how to link to an external DC file, for example this one:
>
>    http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/28/dcmes-xml/
>
> Suggests this:
>
>    <LINK REL="meta" HREF="mydoc.dcxml">
>
> But again it would be better as a XHTML example. Other documents don't
> have any suggestions on how to link to the files, for example this one:
>
>   http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/30/dcq-rdf-xml/

The paper deliberately does not develop an own/separate position on this.

There's quite some discussion of the behaviour of RDF wrt (X)HTML in
the RDF Model&Syntax Spec.

The suggestion made in dcmes-xml also is proposed there (at the end of appendix B:
Transporting RDF) - it's not a dc-specific thing.

Maybe dcmes-xml should have provided the link.

Best,
rs