I'm currently doing some research into the our Minor Injury Units with medicine on-site.

The following are existing Minor Injury Units or small A&E units being downgraded (I mean developed) all with Medicine on-site, so similar to Kendal.  I may have missed 1 or 2 as I've had to phone places to confirm the situation. The nurse led ones don't accept 999 ambulances and have a medical admission unit in the hospital instead.

Some like Kendal are over 20 miles from the main A&E unit. Kendal also has the hinterland of the Lake District in it's catchment area e.g. Windermere, Ambleside, Grasmere.

Hexham Hospital,
Bridlington District Hospital,
Montagu Hospital (nurse led) at Mexborough,
Heatherwood Hospital (nurse led) has anaesthetic cover,
Cirencester,
West Cornwall Hospital at Penzance,
Goole Hospital geriatric medicine only.

Is anyone on the list aware of any others in England?

Please contact me off list if it is politically sensitive.

Ray McGlone

A&E Consultant
Royal Lancaster Infirmary / Westmorland General Hospital

http://www.mbha.nhs.uk/morecambe_bay_hospitals_trust.htm