David and others,

Thank you for all your suggestions. One thing I found with this guy was that
when he does a side kick with internal hip rotation, he gets the click and
the sharp pain in the groin. My hypothesis was the iliopsoas, and have
started him on psoas stretches. He stated that as long as he kept his hip in
neutral when kicking, it was ok.

The funny thing is that he gets clicking in his left hip also, but he stated
that only during abduction past 45 degrees. This clicking felt deep inside
the joint and was not painful (but very annoying especially when side
kicking with the left). He has not injured that hip either previously.
Muscle testing was weak left more than right on the gluts (especially glut
med). My impression was that perhaps he had weak hip stabilizers hence when
he abducted his hip, he was somehow subluxing the hip inferiorly (??just a
guess??). Does anybody have any other ideas on this non-painful hip?? Any
ideas for rehabilitation?

Henry***