"Shepherd, Deborah" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The first image I have (or both?) must be a detail of the original plate, but
I remember it was a one-page reproduction, whether that's the whole document
or not. I don't have the book near me any more, so I can't check how much was
actually printed there.

http://www.hmml.org/resources/Maurists/Diplomatica457.htm

this appears to be a .jpg of the whole plate --title at the top and page
number in uppper right, final, dating clause, at the bottom.

clearly M. has only reproduced the opening and closing, his long dash before
"--scriptum" perhaps to indicate that he's left out the guts of the thing.

http://www.hmml.org/resources/Maurists/Diplomatica425.htm

clearly the top of the plate has been cut off, but we have the bottom, down to
the end of the charter, in tact.

again, for most of what he reproduces M. was less interested in actually
pubishing the text of a given charter than in giving representative examples
of scripts, protocols, etc.

christopher

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]