I must correct the citation: E. Michael Jones, _Libido Dominandi_, part II, ch. 6 deals with Sanger; part III, ch. 9, 11, with 1960s era issues; note also his chapters summarizing Judith Reisman's efforts to show that the Kinsey research was utterly fraudulent (Reisman has several books on this issue).

I will not post further on this thread.

Dennis Martin

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/22/02 07:08 AM >>>

To all interested,

I worked in Teachers College Library at Columbia in the 1930's, and the
first book on sex and marriage that I found was Hamilton's "Research on
Marriage" which was done, if my memory serves me correctly, on a limited
sample of 100 couples who were graduate students at Columbia.

In the later 1930's, the Margaret Sanger Institute sponsored at least three
works on sex under the joint editorial supervision of Dickenson and Bream.
These were "Thousand Marriages", the "Single Woman", and the "History of
Contraceptives".

Many years later the Kinsey reports made the headlines but I believe the
pioneer work was Hamiliton's, followed closely by the Sanger Institute
Series.

I hope that this is of some value, Jim

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]