Elisa,
Two quick suggestions:
Residence hotels are expensive, but from my experience the university
accommodations are not cheap and many still have curfews for female
students...
You can get a list of them by searching for 'residence' at the
http://www.paginegialle.it

Otherwise you might try putting a free ad in the English classified paper
"Easy Milano" www.easymilano.it or Hello Milano
or http://portal.hellomilano.it

Hope this helps,

Nicole  Martinelli
http://www.zoomata.com
a close-up on italy, from italy
Subscribe to the newsletter: http://www.zoomata.com/cgi-bin/mojo/mojo.cgi

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html