Jim

HBSMR is from the initials of what Exegesis call the software, Historic Buildings, Sites And Monuments record. As for a fancy acronym, would you want to include the letters HB?

As for your suggestions, whilst the flaming robes appeal, I think SiMulacRum is pretty good too, and conveys the nebulousness/idiosyncracies of SMR's, though SeMpeR has a more 'historic' feel to it.

I suppose the obvious SMuRf is out of the question?

Nick Boldrini
SMR Computing Officer
Heritage Unit
North Yorkshire County Council
Direct Dial (01609) 532331

This E-mail is personal.
It is not authorised by or sent on behalf of
North Yorkshire County Council, however,
the Council has the right and does inspect
E-Government mails sent from and to its
computer system.
This E-mail is the sole responsibility of the sender.