Hi Tony

I have some sympathy with what Ingrid appears to be saying. Using the mapping module for visual searching is confusing sometimes, especially if you have numerous different events and monuments in a small area. Colouring them differently helps, but is not the full answer, as inevitably some things are masked by others. Also, the advantage of having different layers would be that if all you wanted to look at was Listed Buildings, or Find spots, you could.

I suppose one answer might to be create your own subsets of the mon & Event etc tab as different tabs using queries to select all the findspots, for example, so you could have this functionality, but the disadvantage of that would be losing the live link to the text database.

Nick Boldrini
SMR Computing Officer
Heritage Unit
North Yorkshire County Council
Direct Dial (01609) 532331

North Yorkshire County Council has the right
and does inspect E-Government mails sent
from and to its computer system.

      WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information
that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for
the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not
necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.