We've been having a lot of feedback on the latest draft of the Simple
DC profile in RDF/XML (*):

  http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/28/dcmes-xml/

about the Appendix B that includes a W3C XML Schema for the profile:

  http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/28/dcmes-xml/#appB

Although this W3C XML Schema is for information only, it seems that
there are many people interested in using it or something related.

The current schema doesn't seem to be quite right and given the
ammount of interest, it seems best to not deal with it in this
document.

After discussion with the DCMI, I propose to remove it for now and
publish the DC Simple doc as it stands, the majority of which has
been stable for a long time.

The next step would for some group to spend more time considering
Schema validation of DC in RDF/XML (or other XML formats) such as W3C
XML Schema, RELAX NG, ....  Then the proper time can be spent getting
it right, re-usable, interoperable and valid (maybe for the full
qualified DC in RDF/XML).

I've stuck my latest attempts here:
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2002/01/dcxml-xsd/

where the top-level schema is
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2002/01/dcxml-xsd/dcmes-xml-xsd.xsd

  importing
    http://ilrt.org/discovery/2002/01/dcxml-xsd/dcmes-dc.xsd
    http://ilrt.org/discovery/2002/01/dcxml-xsd/dcmes-rdf.xsd

  (plus the XML namespace)

and there are 4 instance documents
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2002/01/dcxml-xsd/ex0.dcml
  to ex3.dcxml

http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv
  XSV 1.203.2.42/1.106.2.22 of 2002/01/11 16:40:28
validates all the schemas and the examples (*.dcxml) above

With my RDF/XML Syntax editors hat on, I wrote an RELAXNG schema
for RDF/XML and it seems to be working out quite well

 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-RELAXNG-Schema

Dave

(*) DCMI website dead at the time I'm composing this, I'm using
    Google to give me the addresses