In article <[log in to unmask]
es.nhs.uk>, Belsham, Philip <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I remember seeing a flyer a couple of years ago for an electric ring cutter
>which looked rather good (made or retailed by a UK company). As our standard
>ones fall to pieces with monotonous regularity, I thought I might buy one
>but cannot find the details anywhere. Has anyone out there got any info on
>these ones or alternatives?

String - haven't cut a ring since I started doing this - works well even
if a little slow

One eighty year old woman with arthritic knuckles needed her wedding
ring removed but had failed to do this.  Her husband had died the year
before and the thought of cutting it had tears come to her eyes.  She
was delighted when I suggested we try the string and it worked

Cheers
--
Jel Coward

The UK Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician  and Command Physician course is
10-16th November 2002 at Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore, Scotland

http://www.wildmedic.org
http://www.wemsi.org

'There's no such thing as bad weather - just bad  clothing"
                                                Anon Norwegian