Hello Claire,
It is always hard to tell by a picture but I had bones with similar
pathology from a Middle Age Castle in Sweden. An x-ray could help. Could it
be that the Middle interosseus muscle attached at the distal end acutally
has been  put in to stress for a longer time. The bone answer by develop
more bone and by that getting stronger.

Best regards
Ylva

>From: Claire Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: pathological bone
>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:48:43 +0100
>
>Dear All
>I was wondering if anyone had any comments about the pathology on this
>bone. The extra bone growth stops at the articulation and it appears that
>the articulation was still in use.
>Thanks
>Claire
>

>Claire Thornton
>Assistant Keeper of Archaeology
>Verulamium Museum
>St Michael's
>St Albans
>Herts
>AL3 4SW
>Tel: [01727] 751822
>Web: Http://www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk
>

><< pathology.jpg >>

MSN Foto är det enklaste sättet att dela eller skaffa papperskopior av dina
foton: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx