Here'a another useful link on page-breaks

http://www.javascriptkit.com/dhtmltutors/pagebreak.shtml

Richard King
-------------------------------------
Web Manager
British Antarctic Survey
High Cross
Madingley Rd.
Cambridge
CB3 0ET
UK

+44 (0)1223  221 594 (B)
+44 (0)775   423 9022 (mobile)

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/9/2002 12:00:50 am >>>
There is one message totalling 47 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Forcing Page breaks

Date:    Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:57:13 -0000
From:    Brian Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Forcing Page breaks

> ** Reply to note from Paul MADDOCK <[log in to unmask]>
>        Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:40:48 +0100
>

> > We are trying to output formatted documentation from ASP
> pages and we
> > cannot work out how to force a page break  in order to make
> sure there
> > are no widows and orphans.  Has anybody any idea how we can achieve
> > this???
>
> Hi,
>
> I never found a way of doing it.  BUT even if you did have a
> way of breaking the page, how would you know what font size
> or font the user is using for printing, therefore where would
> your orphans etc come up?
>
> Regards
> Charles

This should be handled by CSS - see
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html#break-inside

Don't know if this feature is widely supported in browsers yet.

Brian
---------------------------------------
Brian Kelly
UK Web Focus
UKOLN
University of Bath
BATH
BA2 7AY
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/
Phone: 01225 38 3943

End of WEBSITE-INFO-MGT Digest - 3 Sep 2002 to 4 Sep 2002 (#2002-34)