Dear list members,

I was looking at the APLAWS Web site this morning (a project "to
develop a web content management system that can be freely adopted
by any local authority in the UK.  This has been done with a focus
on web standards relating to navigation, metadata and accessibility")
and noticed that they have a recommended set of top level navigation
elements that all local authorities are urged to adopt to aid the
citizen when looking at local authority Web sites.

The recommended elements are:
Home, A - Z, News, Directory, Services, Sitemap, Contact us, Search

I was curious to know whether anyone thinks that universities should
also adopt a standard sector-wide set of navigation elements, and
if so, what should those elements be?!  I'm just curious to know
what other university Web Managers think!

Thanks.

Best wishes,
Adrian

Adrian Tribe             <[log in to unmask]>
Web Manager @ Birkbeck, University of London
Tel: 020 7631 6291        Fax: 020 7631 6556