From: Cox, Will [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 January 2002 16:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: university-link.com

I've had a look through the 'original content' on this site and can't
see any logos or pictures lifted from institutions websites, so there
does not appear to be any straightforward breach of copyright. However
*you* could argue (I can't as we don't appear to be listed!) that
some of the deep linking and use of framed pages is a breach of
copyright.

The site's real address is http://uni-link.tripod.com - which is part of
the Lycos network. They class copyright infringement as an abuse of
their webspace which you can report at
http://help.lycos.com/LycosHelp/help/watchdog/htdocs/lycos_watchdog_form
.htm - I guess if enough
universities complained they may dump the site, which would at least
remove the site for a while, if not permanently.

Will

Will DG Cox - New Media Marketing Manager
Marketing and Development, Sheffield Hallam University
Tel 0114 225 3893  Fax 0114 225 2094 E-mail [log in to unmask]

Hi,

Remember http://www.university-link.com? Well it now has a mix of links
either to the same old stuff he wrote about us all, or to our actual
websites but in his frame.

Today we have been offered the chance to make an offer to buy
leeds-university.co.uk, and I notice he's advertising a number of other
xxx-university.co.uk domains for sale.

Jeremy.