> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Brian Kelly wrote:
>
> | One way of finding out how long it takes to index your site
> might be
> | to create a page containing a unique string of characters, link the
> | page into your site, and then see how long it takes to appear on
> | Google.
>
> The trouble with this is that it will probably never index
> it, unless it's linked to from other pages.  Google doesn't
> rank pages that aren't linked to.  I once had an entire site
> up that was completely ignored until it was 'launched' and
> other sites began to link to it.  Then it appeared in the
> searches after about two days.

Surely it will index the page when it finds it.  It only uses the
numbers of links in order to establish its position on the hit list.  If
you use a unique string it will be the only page found, so the nos. of
links are irrelevant.

So the page will be treated the same as any other new page your Web
site.

Brian