Further to Brian's and Sally's comments:

We redesigned our page template, launched in March 2002, using
browser detection to provide two output versions - one for modern
browsers using CSS Positioning and optimised for disabled
access, the other for legacy browsers in tabular format for
audiences without ready access to (or means to purchase) modern
browsers. This covers both sides of the accessibility issue.

Here the Central Admin uses Netscape 4.08 - though intending to
upgrade soon!!

Ruth Mason.
Webmaster, http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk, http://www.ox.ac.uk.
Management Information Services, University Offices
University of Oxford, Wellington Square, Oxford 0X1 2JD