In message <[log in to unmask]
uk>, Gareth McAleese <[log in to unmask]> writes
>I know this is a scam, but has anybody come across fakedegrees.com?
I haven't seen this one before, but I do know that it's a growing
industry - at least from the number of spam emails that I get offering
to sell me degrees.

>It's  a site that will create fake/novelty award certificates from your
>favourite university/college.  It allows you to search for your institution,
>
>ours is listed and so are a few other UK universities that I tried.  They
>clearly disclaim that they are for novelty/joke purposes and not for
>fraudulent use.
Are the certificates that they sell ripped off from your own
institutions certificates do you know? If so, I guess that you could
complain on the grounds of copyright violation.

>I also note from their site they are also about to launch a fake transcript
>service to go with you new shiny new 'novelty' certificate.
I think that's rather more worrying - I assume that someone who has one
of these things could refer a query regarding it to their site, which
would then confirm that yes, the qualification had been "awarded".
However, I guess that also depends on if the enquiry service is clearly
identified as 'fakedegrees.com'

Rgds,

Phil.
--
        Phil Bradley: Internet Consultant, Trainer, Web designer and Author.
     Visit http://www.philb.com for free information on Internet introductions,