** Reply to note from K Fearon <[log in to unmask]>         Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:58:31 +0100

> > I have to say I don't like Opera.  I find the GUI clunky and unintuitive,
>
> I do like it, but more to the point, on my low-spec home machine it's
> probably the only 'modern' browser I could run. We have something called
> the Computer Recycling Project which offers refurbished ex-office cheap
> internet-compatible machines to students, schools and charities. Do they
> have the option to use IE5.5? We have a responsibility for widening
> participation, we have to consider these issues too.

A very correct comment!

How many times have I hit my head on the brick wall (called Standards) when I
talk about potential and actual students with economic "disabilities" who cannot
afford the latest.

Charles

Charles Christacopoulos, Data Protection & Management Information Officer,
Planning & Information, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 4HN, Scotland,
United Kingdom.
Tel: 44(0)1382-344891. Fax: 44(0)1382-201604.
http://www.somis.dundee.ac.uk/ http://somis2.ais.dundee.ac.uk/