At 15:14 20/05/02 +0100, Peter Trethewey wrote:

>Ufi/learndirect must be the best source of students' impression of online
>learning. If it's used away from a centre it needs a highly motivated
>individual to plod through what can be a lonely tedious process.
>
>The Online Tutoring course that I recently completed using WebCT WAS HARD.
>Give me group with teacher over online learning any day.

It does require a lot of motivation (and other things) to be an online
learner. However, I think the great majority of uses of VLEs will be to
complement, not replace, face to face teaching.

Geoff Minshull
Direct Learn Training
Online services to education, project management and evaluation,
deafness/disability consultancy
Web:   http://www.directlearn.co.uk/ - last updated 08.04.02
Tel:   01629 540386
Fax:  01629 540820