This is a question about Random Effects and Grand Mean Scaling?

the study had two groups with 12 subjects in each group --- 3 runs/subject --- 4 block types repeated across the 3 runs (counter =
balanced)

-- I created and estimated a fixed effect model for each individual =
subject  treating the three runs as separate sessions ( I did not =
concatenate runs) --

My concern is this:

since I did not create a fixed effect model incorporating all subjects =
together I did not do any 'groupwise' or 'subjectwise' scaling ---- Can =
I (or do I need to) compensate for this during the random effects =
analysis (two sample t-test)?  Is there way to do scaling across both =
groups to normalize intensity levels?

Thanks, Sigi =20