Dear All,
I have a question on the segmentation algorithm. As far as I understand
it, segmentation works by making an initial probability estimate as to
which tissue type a voxel most likely belongs to (based on the a
priori-data) and then proceeds to do a cluster analysis (based on pixel
intensity).
My question is, what is the "usual" contribution of these two steps to
the end-result ? Is the first or the second step more decisive ? I am
aware of the 1997 paper on this, but was looking for a more informal
assessment...
Thanks!
Marko
Marko Wilke, MD
Research Fellow, Imaging Research Center
Children's Hospital Research Foundation
3333  Burnet Avenue - ML 5031
Cincinnati, OH 45229

Phone +1 (513) 636-0142  FAX +1 (513) 636-3754
[log in to unmask]   http://www.irc.chmcc.org