***** apologies for cross posting *****

It was necessary for us to cancel our AGM which was scheduled for Tuesday 26
March.  The meeting will now take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 23rd
April.  Full details are below:

The Library Association Multimedia, Information & Technology Group
(Scotland) invites members to attend the Annual General Meeting to be held
at the University of Edinburgh on the 26th of March 2002.  At the meeting
the Chair will be seeking nominations from those members interested in
becoming involved in the work of the Committee.  If you are interested,
please complete and return the nomination form
http://www.slainte.org.uk/slamit/webnominationform.pdf

After the AGM there will be a talk from Professor Joe Hendry about the
challenges of our information society.  His talk is entitled "Information
rich versus information poor - information and a just society"  Many of you
will be familiar with Joe as he was Library Association president in 1997
and Scottish Library Association president in 1988.  He is a strong advocate
of social inclusion and his work in Renfrew District Council and Cumbria
reflect this.

Non members are more than welcome to attend this event.  However, they may
not participate in the proceedings of the Annual General Meeting.

The Group needs to confirm numbers for catering arrangements.  If you wish
to attend, please contact Paulette Hill (details below) giving your name,
organisation and contact details.

Event:  SLAMIT Annual General meeting and talk from  Professor Joe Hendry

Place: The Wolfson Suite, Edinburgh University Library, George Square,
Edinburgh