Apologies for Cross Posting!
-----------------------------
King's College London will hold a one-off workshop by one of the world
leaders in
his field, Prof. Larry Leifer, Stanford University, USA. The workshop will
be held next week on Wednesday 10th July from 2.00-3.20pm (1hr20mins)

Title of Workshop:
Case Study in the Adoption of Online Collaborative Learning Services in an
Industry Based Graduate Curriculum

Brief Description of Workshop:
The utility of online collaborative learning tools and services scales
directly with its level of adoption by students, educators and other
interested parties. Thus, the designers of such tools are challenged not
only to create functional tools but also to find ways to encourage their
on-going use. This workshop describes the creation and promotion of a suite
of web-based services, including group-editable web pages, web-based
calendaring, discussion forums and a document repository, aimed at enhancing
a graduate project-based-learning course. We will discuss the use of these
case study tools and services from the perspective of evaluating (before
buying) entries in the modest flood of new collaboration technologies on the
market today.

Numbers are limited, so please email me as soon as possible to register in
order to secure a place. Cost of
workshop £45 including coffee and biscuits afterwards.

Thanks

Tamer

Dr. Tamer M.M.Shahin
Lecturer