Dear Martin
Sorry not to have replied earlier.
It was decided by the School of Biological Sciences here where I am
based (we are mainstreamed and no longer have a department for CE or
LLL) to withdraw altogether from running courses for the general
public. We just run a Certificate and an MSc (both 2 year programmes).
So you should perhpas adress your enquiry to Peter Hardy in Earth
Sciences ([log in to unmask]) who still runs short accredited
courses and Chris Jessop in Public Programmes Office
([log in to unmask]) who runs unaccredited courses.
Sorry about this but this is what is happening in this Univeristy. I'm
still interested in SCI-3L though. Best of luck with the F6 bid.
Very best wishes
David

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:00:53 +0100 Martin Counihan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> To: Sci-3L group
>
> Still no response at all to my message last week (about promoting lifelong
> learning in ways other than providing credit-bearing courses for the
> public).  Do, please, reply even if it is just to say that in your
> circumstances you feel that credit-bearing courses are  effective and
> efficient.  I really would be very interested.
>
> On another topic: I recently submitted a statement of intent to propose a
> European network ("Science in Context" - Research, Outreach and Lifelong
> Learning) within the Union's Sixth Framework Programme (FP6).  If you are
> also hoping to be involved in an FP6 proposal, please contact me either
> through this list or directly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin Counihan
> University of Southampton

----------------------
David J Hill BSc DPhil CBiol FIBiol MIEEM
Science Faculty Continuing Education Officer
Director of MSc in Ecology and Management of the Natural Environment
Senior Lecturer
School of Biological Sciences
University of Bristol
Woodland Road