To: Sci-3L group

I have been a member of this group since it began but have not yet got
around to sending a message. Since I don't like to just lurk in the
shadows, let me introduce myself. Some of you will know me already, because
I have been working in adult education (or continuing education, or
lifelong learning) at the University of Southampton for over 20 years.  I
am a basically a particle physicist, but my interests include also things
like cosmology, the history of science, science communication, and aspects
of information technology. At various times I have also run programmes in
biology.  At present I am involved with projects in internet-mediated
distance learning.

There are a couple of topics that I would like to raise in this group (the
organisational changes going on in many of our universities, and the
possibilities for collaboration in distance learning) but I will bring
those up shortly in separate messages.

Regards,

Martin Counihan