As part of a project for Austroads (Australian road authorities) I am
gathering information about site requirements for the use of portable
scales and weighbridges.

A long standing requirement for portbale scales in Australia (at least
NAASRA 1987) is that a for a  "conforming site":
*Longitudinal slope should be uniform and not exceed 3%
*A tranversely crowned surface is satisfactory provided the wheel paths
do not cross the crown
* Firm surface (scales do not sink in)
* Free of mounds and depressions capable of producing a variation in
axle height more than 15mm within any axle group (my paraphrasing)

Advice or link suggestions from RTT subscribers on this subject would be
appreciated. Ultimately the site requirements will be published as part
of national guidelines for measuring vehicle mass.
regards
Michael Paine

--
==============email signature file for Michael Paine==================