In a message dated 9/10/02 7:31:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

One more note, if I may, from Canada where Daytime Running Lights have been
a fact of life for over a decade

Hi Dennis:

Since Canada has had 10 years of experience, can you share with us the impact DRL's have had on the accident/fatality rates?

The entire discussion is predicated on the concept that DRL's improve safety, so your input (with statistics) would be very helpful.  I think Canada has always had severe penalties for drunk driving, but if your data shows a reduction in accidents/fatalities, are there similar factors (other than DRL's) that could have impacted the statistics?  How about increased driver education efforts?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Steve Mueller
Denver, Colorado, USA