I am undertaking a research project on the possible encouragement of
daytime running lights in Australia. I am interested in studies of
effectiveness, technology (eg dimmed high beam Vs low beam Vs dedicated
lamps), visual ergonomics, running costs and availability from OEM and
aftermarket suppliers.
There are numerous studies of the effectiveness of DRL in high latitude
countries. Peter Cairney from the Australian Road Research Board
published some research on the case for DRL in Australia during the
early 1990s and that is most useful. However I am interested in studies
that may have been carried out since then - particularly the potential
of "new" technology. For example GM in the USA apparently equip many of
their vehicles with dimmed high beam headlights for daytime use. Peter
Bergkvist from GM presented an excellent ESV paper on that initiative.

Any advice, links or contacts you could provide would be appreciated.

If you would prefer to email me directly please click on this link:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Otherwise your reply will be circulated on RTT.
regards
Michael Paine
--
==============email signature file for Michael Paine==================