Fellow Members,
It appears the Questionaire did not get transmitted for one reason or
another. I have now included it as part of the email below. Thanks for your
assistance and to those who have replied already thanks, truly appreciated.
Regards  Albert

Dear Fellow Members

I am a senior consultant with Estill and Associates Pty Ltd, Management
Consultants, who have been contracted by the Queensland Department of
Transport Australia on behalf of the National Road Transport Commission in
Australia to research and investigate the application of spray suppression
on heavy vehicles.  It would be very much appreciated if anyone has any
experience or knowledge or information regarding the use of spray
suppression that you contact me with whatever experience or knowledge you
may be able to pass on.  I have attached a short specific questionnaire
which you may like to consider and if possible complete and return to me by
no later than the 6th September.  The project has a short time frame and I
thank you for your early reply.

Look forward to receiving worldwide best practice for the above.

SPRAY SUPPRESSION

EMAIL QUESTIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL ROAD TECHNOLOGY GROUP

1.      Are you aware of any current research, studies or testing of spray
suppression devices nationally or internationally?
2.      Do you have any recent experience with the application of British
Standard AU200-1984?  Are you aware if the standard been updated since
1984?
3.      Do you have any experience with the use of spray suppression
equipment/devices on heavy vehicles, which you would be prepared to share
with us?
4.      What are the preferred or most commonly used types of spray suppression
equipment/devices used?  What is the reason for this preference, ie
effectiveness in reducing spray, cost, ease of fitting?
5.      What are your views on or experience with, the performance of spray
suppression devices on different road surfaces, ie: sealed and unsealed
roads?
6.      What are you views on the benefits of using spray suppression devices?
7.      What are the negative aspects of using spray suppression devices (or
reasons for not using them)?
8.      Do spray suppression equipment/devices require regular maintenance? Is
this maintenance required frequently/infrequently?
9.      In your view, what are the negative consequences of splash and spray
(which is unsuppressed), and which road users are most affected?  Is it a
real safety hazard or an inconvenience?
10.     Are you aware of any statistical information or reports on accidents
caused by (or attributed to) spray from heavy vehicles?
11.     Should the use of spray suppression devices be optional for operators?
12.     Do you have any other comments or suggestions you wish to make
regarding the use of spray suppression devices?

Regards

Albert O'Neill
Senior Consultant
Estill & Associates Pty Ltd