Well done.  Simon is a hard act to follow, but if anyone can do it, it's you!  We work closely with Tyndall, as one of the funders, so look forward to working with you.  Nice to hear from Sue today - she'l miss you!

Sheila

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/13/02 09:45am >>>
My position at Oxford University's Environmental Change Institute will soon
be vacant - see the advert below. I am taking on the role of Communications
Manager for the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, replacing Simon
Torok. Season's greetings to all. Asher Minns

Public Affairs Officer
Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
Admin Grade 2: £21,125-£27,339

Can you promote one of the most exciting new environmental initiatives in UK
universities?  The Environmental Change Institute (www.eci.ox.ac.uk) is part
of a major plan at Oxford to be launched in early 2003.  We already run a
world-leading Masters course; conduct interdisciplinary research in
biodiversity, climate, energy, land management, and sustainability;
co-ordinate the internationally unique UK Climate Impacts Programme; and
believe in innovative outreach (eg, www.changingclimate.org).   We are
committed to making a difference in environmental affairs. As part of a
team, you will need top skills in at least some of: copywriting,
publications, design, the web, publicity, and events. Good environmental
knowledge will be an advantage.

The post is initially for 1 year, full or part-time and can be considered as
a job share. Candidates are strongly advised to discuss the post in
confidence with the ECI.  Further particulars: www.eci.ox.ac.uk, or from the
Administrative Secretary (tel 01865 281216),  [log in to unmask]
Applications with CV and 2 referees, to the Development Officer, ECI, 5
South Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3UB. Closing date: Friday 3 Jan 2003.

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk