Could be. That was when I was a Sussex person.

One problem with all those different "media" courses is that they cover
a huge swathe of activity. The Sussex "media" stuff was never vocational
back then. (What was?) More recent courses are very different.

On a slightly related tack, anyone wanting to look for courses in
science communication should start at the ABSW  web site. Thanks to the
Wellcome Trust (where would we be without them?) the ABSW has assembled
a directory of courses. This updates the old file that you will find on
the Trust's own web site:

http://absw.org.uk/courses.htm

There are probably broken links. All updates, additions and so on
welcome.

MK

Michael Kenward
ABSW e-minder