-----Original Message-----
From: psci-com: on the public understanding of science
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Steven
Sent: 15 March 2002 10:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: More on Darwin losing the battle in Middlesbrough

Channel 4 followed up on this story, with the additional "revelation"
that "Stephen Timms, who's the School Standards minister, has an aide
paid for by a Christian education charity."

The charity is www.care.org.uk, which doesn't seem to have any obvious
interest in creationism/evolution - though it does take a position on
issues such as stem cell research, abortion and cloning (against);
sustainable development, smacking and faith schools (for).

As I recall from the broadcast, Channel 4 was also rather portentous in
describing itself as having "learned" several things that had been in
the Guardian article some days before.

David

David Steven
River Path Associates