Hello all - here's a message from Victoria Smith at BBC Manchester, looking
for nominees for 'bright young inventors' - part of a talent awards package.
All suggestions to Victoria please (details at bottom of page)

{apologies for cross posting, etc}

ta, mark

We're producing 'Underground 2002', a 90 minute special commissioned for the
launch of BBC 3.  The aim is to highlight the best of young British talent
emerging across a range of 10 categories. These include Band, DJ/producer,
Artists, Writers, Actors, Promo Directors, Fashion Designers, Innovators/new
technology, Entrepreneurs and Sport, with 3 nominees in each section.

The programme is structured loosely like an awards show, with short films
putting forward the case for the nominees and a carefully cast panel
debating & nominating who they think will crack the big time/be the fastest
rising stars.

Within each category we are asking prominent and well respected figures with
a passion for that skills-area to introduce the nominees.

Inventors / Designers is a new category.  We are desperately trying to find
3 of the brightest Inventors / Designers in the UK.  We are looking for
people that have already had a certain degree of success, but are tipped to
go even further.  Can you help or suggest a possible nominee?  I really do
appreciate any help you can give me.

Victoria Smith-Crallan
Assistant Producer
Underground Awards 2002
Tel: 0161 244 4197
Mobile: 07817 46 00 73
Victoria Smith Crallan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk