Ah, thanks Candice -- that piece, which I had missed, provided perfect entry
into a grey winter’s day here in the NorthEast. Some great lines were copied
right into the day’s work:

“The new results suggest that the universe, as mysterious as it essentially
is, may not be entirely perverse.”

“The mountains are where the snow is.
The universe is where the light is.”

And thanks, Dr. Heavens & Dr. Verde.

Pierre

Pierre Joris            Just out from Wesleyan UP:
6 Madison Place
Albany NY 12202                 POASIS: Selected Poems 1986-1999
Tel:  (518) 426-0433
Fax: (518) 426-3722     go to: http://www.albany.edu/~joris/poasis.htm
Email: joris@ albany.edu
_