on 1/2/02 4:11 PM, Printmaker at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> THere's a picture worth a thousand words on this page.
> http://www.acay.com.au/~severn/dalwood.htm
>
> My fire staff comes to about chin height. You light both
> ends after dipping the wicks in kero and then spin away. No
> words to describe the effect of flames swooshing round your
> head.

    Wow, Josie, what a stunning series of images! The idea of living in your
treehouse takes the top of my head off, and the flame dance is mind-firing,
so good to come to rest with the beautiful fairytale-ending beach wedding
photos--how happy you both look, with your feet on the ground! Thanks so
much for sharing this page from your lifebook.

It's been snowing here for nearly five hours now, and I wish I could make it
drift your way and wet down those fires to a cool sizzle. Instead, my
neighbor across the street and I have both lit our Christmas trees, in our
facing front windows, for an extra evening of cheer beyond New Year's
(frowned-upon as way de-trop in these parts). I can barely see the colored
glow of my neighbor's tree lights through the white scrim between our
houses, so I've set mine on blink for better visibility from across the
street. Meanwhile, all is silent (night), apart from the occasional salt
truck's passing and the crashing of gears by a stupid North Carolina driver
who's ventured forth in search of toilet paper at 10pm in the midst of this
blizzard, when any fool would know it was all sold out by 4:00 this
afternoon.

Hunkering down and sending cool karma your way--Candice