I raised it out of genuine confusion over your denial ("I never said
anything to denigrate the arts of news-writing"), which left nobody to pin
your pork pies on except, possibly, poets (perish the pork!).

Haven't you just been admonishing Erminia on this very score (i.e., standing
by one's words)?

Candice